This bundle collection includes the standard T-Shirt Design Workshop, as well as the following extra graphic design tools, textures, and templates:
- Plastisol Textures
- Thrift Shop: Vintage T-Shirt Texture Template
- Bad Photocopy Texture Template
- Gritty Halftone Spot Brushes
- Bad Photocopy: Recycle Bin (Textures)
- Time Machine Textures
About The T-Shirt Design Workshop:
Design a t-shirt like a professional: graphics, specialty printing methods, fabrics, inks, dyes, and washes.
Learning the possibilities and options you have when creating a t-shirt design is an essential investment in becoming a t-shirt designer. In this workshop, we'll go over all the ingredients that go into a t-shirt design.
In this course we'll cover:
- Every t-shirt design has a story
- The history of the graphic t-shirt
- What makes a good t-shirt design
- The varieties of t-shirts and fabric
- Garment dyes and garment washes
- Alternative printing methods like Direct to Garment (DTG) and Dye Sublimation
- Oversize and allover printing techniques
- How the different kinds of color separation work
- Varieties of screen printing ink
- Specialty inks and printing methods that will set your designs apart
- Supplies needed to screen print a t-shirt
- We will finish off with a demonstration showing how you can screen print a t-shirt - even at home!
What are the requirements?
A passion for design and t-shirts will help! Otherwise, there is no other specific knowledge necessary.
What am I going to get from this course?
19 lectures and 1 hour of video content! (You will always have access so that you may go back and review at any time.
- Understand how t-shirt design ideas are conceived.
- Choose the best combination of fabric, inks, dyes, and washes to make more exciting designs.
- Choose specialty inks and printing methods to create unique designs.
- Choose the right type of color separation for their graphics.
- Know how direct-to-garment (DTG), dye sublimation, and screen printing methods work.
What is the target audience?
This workshop is for all levels of people interested in learning about t-shirt design. No prior software knowledge is necessary. Unlike my other courses, this workshop does not include intermediate or advanced instruction using design software like Photoshop or Illustrator.
This course does not have step-by-step graphic design or software tutorials. It does, however, cover a wide range of topics that provide context and essential knowledge for anyone wanting to become a professional t-shirt graphic designer.
Curriculum (video lectures)
Every T-Shirt has a Story (08:16)
History of the Printed T-Shirt (04:27)
Present-Day T-Shirt Design (04:00)
What Makes a Good Graphic (02:05)
Kinds of Fabric (02:25)
T-Shirt Construction (01:29)
Garment Dye (02:31)
Yarn Dye (01:05)
Garment Washes (02:07)
Direct to Garment (DTG) Printing (03:38)
Dye Sublimation Printing (05:01)
Oversize Printing (05:27)
Screen Printing Inks (05:27)
Specialty Inks and Printing Techniques (06:26)
Color Separations (07:24)
Screen Printing Supplies (03:23)
Screen Printing Process (03:43)
Closing Thoughts (01:14)