Improving your t-shirt design skills is one of the most rewarding investments that you can make in your design career.
In this workshop we will go over the entire process of creating a t-shirt design, from finding ideas all the way to sending your designs out to be printed.
The design demonstrated in the workshop is sent to 3 different printers. At the end, those shirts will be revealed so you can see exactly how they came back from the printer (there will be a few unexpected surprises you can learn from!)
These 2.5 hours of content are packed with loads of actionable t-shirt graphic design techniques that can’t be found anywhere else.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Design like a pro, working seamlessly between Photoshop, Illustrator, and pencil & paper. Ensure that your designs come out as good or better than you had initially imagined.
- Learn 2 different methods to create your own color separations (using Photoshop and Illustrator) without the need for any extra other expensive color separation software.
- Learn the digital and analog tools essential to being a t-shirt graphic designer
- How to access and use hundreds of top quality fonts with Adobe Typekit, included at no extra charge with most Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions.
- Create your own Photoshop brushes to quickly add hand-made texture and color to your graphics.
- Make multiple colorways of your graphic so it looks great on light, dark, and colored shirts.
- Avoid common mistakes by properly setting up your designs to be printed with the exact colors, sizing, and placement that you want.
As a bonus, you will also receive the following downloadable files:
- The Photoshop watercolor brushes made in the workshop.
- All 3 colorways of the finished “South Shore” design in Photoshop format.
- The “index” and “halftone” color separations made in the workshop.
What are the requirements?
- Students should have some prior knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills such as how to scan images into Photoshop, an understanding of layers, and how to size images. This is not a basic entry level course for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Option 1 includes only the workshop: 29 Lectures and 2.5 hours of t-shirt graphic design instruction.
Option 2 includes the 2.5 hour workshop + 3 top t-shirt texture collections from TheVectorLab.
Option 3 includes the 2.5 hour workshop + 7 top t-shirt graphic design templates, tools, and textures from TheVectorLab.