In addition to the full Typographic Logos course, this bundle also includes the following premium collections:
About the Typographic Logos Class
Whether you need to design custom lettering for a company logo, a t-shirt, advertising, or your own personal brand, I'll show you how to find inspiration, sketch out your rough ideas, refine your design and bring it into the computer. From there, you will learn how to create color options and add in some shading and texture. Access the class videos any time, and watch as many times as you like.
In this course we'll cover:
- How to find and apply inspiration
- Learn the Digital and Analog Tools you'll need to create your logos
- Use both Traditional and Untraditional tools to create your logo
- Special techniques to refine your design
- How to structure letterforms and overall composition
- Sketch design thumbnails
- Create a clean vector design
- Implement color theory, shading, and add a 3D effect
- How to add texture in Photoshop and Illustrator
As a bonus, you will also receive the Typographic Logos Course Resources, which include:
- 26 Bitmap Textures to use in Illustrator
- 26 Photoshop Brushes to add texture to your own designs
- A collection of vector halftone gradients
- The finished "Typographic Logos" design in vector format
What are the requirements?
- Even though beginners are welcome to this course, you should already have some familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to get the most out of Lectures 13 through 19 of this course. These sections are Mac software focused at an intermediate level. If you understand layers, various tools, and how to draw objects in Photoshop and Illustrator, then this should be enough for you to follow the computer sections of this class.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 20 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
You will be able to come up with an idea, create thumbnail sketches, and refine your design into a finished type-based logo.
You will be able to download the working files that were created in the video so you can see them up close.
What is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone who is interested in improving their type-based logo designs.
- This course does not cover icon design or logo designs that do not contain lettering.
- This course shows the process of creating a type-based logo. However, it is not focused on the history and fundamentals of type.