These cracked ink "Plastisol" textures will make your t-shirt designs look vintage! Plastisol textures are ideal to add a "thrift shop" look to your real-life t-shirt screen print designs, as well as your digital portfolio. Photoshop and Illustrator compatible.
(This collection was completely refreshed and overhauled May 14, 2018. 8 new textures added June 4, 2018, for a total of 30. What's new: more variety / higher resolution / optimized for screen printing & DTG printing)
Related items: Are you looking for Plastisol 1&2 Bundle?
What is Plastisol, and what does it have to do with Vintage T-Shirts??
Plastisol Ink is a type of Screen Printing Ink that was first used to screen T-Shirts in the 1970's. When you look at Vintage Clothing, it's the ink that cracks and flakes over time as the t-shirt gets washed, stretched out, and worn to too many Def Leppard concerts.
Plastisol is why real Thrift Shop T-Shirts look Vintage!
This collection is the original & industry standard way to apply a vintage cracked t-shirt ink effect for your graphics.
30 textures in Bitmap TIFF, Transparent PNG, and Photoshop Brush format.
- PDF Quick Start Guides showing how to use the textures in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Affinity Designer.
How to use the textures:
• Photoshop Brush - Load the brushes into Photoshop CS1-CS6 & CC, Affinity Designer, or Affinity Photo. Select a brush, choose a color, and paint texture right into your design. 4000 x 4000 pixels.
• Transparent PNG - Perfect for use in Photoshop, Affinity Photo, and essentially any other graphic design software. 4000 x 4000 pixels.
• BITMAP TIFF - Ultra high resolution: 12,000 x 12,000 pixels. Best for Adobe Illustrator. Also good for Photoshop.
These files are ideal for screen print production & color separations using Illustrator because they have no greyscale; only black or white pixels.
When viewed in Illustrator, Bitmap Tiff files have automatic transparency and can easily be assigned any color.
Shown in the tutorial video included with the Quick Start Guides, you can also use "Opacity Mask" method to knock transparency through your designs in Illustrator, so the background color shows through.
Plastisol is compatible with:
- Adobe Photoshop CS1 through CC
- Adobe Illustrator CS1 through CC
- Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo
Plastisol compatibility has not been confirmed with any other software, such as CorelDraw or Gimp.
Did you know: Plastisol is also part of T-Shirt Design Master Collection, the best deal on the biggest bundle of t-shirt design resources.